Thursday, August 10, 2017

Phase One - Living Room


We have been living at Haefen for four weeks!  There have definitely been some ups and downs, but I think that on the whole things are looking up.  We have a game plan for a phase one remodel and painting the wood paneling is a huge part of that plan.
This is a living room shot of the front door.

This is my desk area which is right next to the front door.

This shot shows our wood stove and back patio door.
So this is our living room in all of its wood paneled glory.  It took about 2 weeks but I did get it painted.  First we primed with a Valspar bonding primer (which by the way is great to work with) and then I just painted one coat of Olympic paint.  I found both of these products at Lowes and really liked them.  Esther and Lillia helped with some of the priming and our dear friend James Nalls who just moved here a month after we did primed two walls.
Already things were looking better after we primed.

How do you like the dripping water effect?



Here is the best part, the paint!  The color is called 'Watery Blue' and Corey and I really like it.  It really freshens up the space and it is so nice to have the living room in a more settled condition.  You can't see it from the photos but the grooves from the paneling add a cottage effect.  I like the character that it adds to the walls.





I was also able to finish painting the master bedroom and We have started priming the dining room.  I will send out some photos of those rooms soon.







2 comments:

Conquered and Hung

Have you ever really wanted to do something but fear held you back?  Does your perfectionism hinder you?  I used to be proud of being a perf...