Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Phase One Phase Out

I am pleased to announce that our major Phase One remodel projects have been tackled and we have painted, sawed, sanded, drilled, scrubbed, and nailed our way to victory.
Here's our spiffy new bathroom!

✔️ Wood Paneling painted or removed
✔️ Chandeliers updated and clicking fan replaced
✔️ Master bedroom painted and open closet installed
✔️ Kitchen painted and backsplash wall paper removed and stenciled.
✔️ Bathroom renovated - new walls, floor, tile, tub, sink, toilet, fixtures, and trim

Corey took a ten day vacation and completed quite a few Phase One projects.  It is invigorating to draw lines through so many jobs on our list.  He made a big push since spring has arrived - Phase Two is upon us whether we are ready or not.

Phase Two activities will mostly focus on outdoor developments.  The most pressing matter at hand is  building a chicken coop since the hens are growing, stinking up the garage, and needing more space.  Corey drew up some coop plans last weekend and bought supplies yesterday, so Phase Two has begun.
I found this mirror on Craigslist.  It was a medicine cabinet.
I am still considering painting the shelf black.  Any
suggestions?

As spring and summer progress we will also be starting a garden, revamping our grey water basin, establishing a new bee hive, landscaping, breeding dogs, and hopefully building a permanent outdoor shower.  I did promise the girls that we would spruce up their bedroom this summer too.

The Phase Two docket is full, but in the midst of all our outdoor enterprises we are looking forward to little league baseball games and forest exploration through hiking and canoeing.

This curtain was woven by Greta, Corey's Mom.  The pattern is called Huck Lace and she made it with tea bag strings!  I love it and it looks just perfect with my pretty bathroom.

This is a photo of my kitchen.  I am thrilled with how clean the gray wall turned out.  It is actually really dark wood paneling that I had to cover with four coats of primer.  We lived with the primer until last month.  I finished painting the trim while Corey was home from work.  The shelf is an old drawer that Corey and the boys found in the garden shed.  I jazzed it up with a painting technique that I learned from a furniture painting class that I took a few weeks ago.  We picked up the table at a garage sale right before we moved from our rental house.  I think I paid $10 for it.  It works great for storing easily accessed pantry items.  I just love re-purposing old junk!

I sanded this drawer to clean it up a bit, then brushed liming wax on it.
The last step was to dry-brush a robin's egg chalk paint on top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Conquered and Hung

Have you ever really wanted to do something but fear held you back?  Does your perfectionism hinder you?  I used to be proud of being a perf...